Friday, October 30, 2009

Sew & Tell 1 - Friday Finishes



This week has seen me busier than a dog burying a bone on a marble floor!! The following quilts are in no particular order. The first one belongs to Mary, one of my lovely customers, which she pieced at our first retreat from an orginal pattern of Shontelle's (Sugarplum Quilts). I quilted it using the IQ with a pattern from Keryn Emmerson, Cascade, stitched out at 11.5ins. The quilt was VERY large 101 X 95 ins.

The next is our Group entry for the upcoming Festival of Quilts to be held here in Adelaide from 5-8 November. My Mum did all the redwork, Shontelle pieced it, I quilted it and Scarlett did the label. It truly is a labour of love!
The following quilt was done for Jane of The Patchwork Apple. It is a new kit that has been put together and will be available in the shop and also at the Craft & Quilt Fair being held in conjunction with the Festival of Quilts. The quilting pattern is Wrought Iron by Jodi Beamish.

The next is a really cute little baby quilt, I used Double Bubble on this in keeping with the spots in the fabric. I'm not sure of the designer of this quilting pattern but if anyone's interested just ask and I'll check.
Last, but by no means least is the very precious Scarlett!! We have her every Monday whilst her Mummy is at work but this week we were very lucky and she had a sleepover. She'd had her bath and thought it hilarious that she was in Nanny & Poppi's bed sans clothes. It was quite an effort getting her to come to me so that I could dress her. Isn't she just gorgeous!!!

Well, that's almost the week that was - I did 2 other quilts but haven't got photos of those yet. Please call back next week and I'll post some photos from the Festival of Quilts. Cheers.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! You were busy this week. Gorgeous quilting!!! and cute Scarlett, too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all just gorgeous! What I wouldn't give to be able to quilt like that. Beautiful! And little Scarlett is just as cute as can be. She looks very comfy and cozy in Nanny and Poppi's bed. So fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have so many FINISHES instead of UFOs! Beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beautiful quilting! And aren't toddlers hilarious! I bet she loves spending time with you!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are nice quilts...the quilting is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilting! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete